|Affiliation||Free Pact Alliance|
|Pilot(s)||Dio Junyou Weinberg|
XV-5001R Firebrand (ファイヤブランド, Faiyaburando ) is a first generation zero-type mecha in the Buddy Complex anime. It is the predecessor to the XV-7002 Bradyon. XV-5001L Skyknight is it's twin mecha. It was piloted briefly by Dio Junyou Weinberg.
Firebrand is an orange zero-type mecha. Compared to Valiancers, it is bulky and has a simpler Coupling system. It's wings radiate an orange glow during Coupling.
Armaments & SystemsEdit
Coupling System: During Coupling Firebrand gains wings that enable it to fly greater distances and at greater speeds. The pilots also share skills, abilities and experiences while increasing the abilities and the output of the mechas. Unlike the Coupling Systems on the Luxon and Bradyon, it was much weaker, and required a stronger psychological connection.
- Firebrand, like Skyknight, was not supposed to be flown again due to safety concerns. If the strong psychological connection between the two buddies could not be controlled, they would lose themselves and possibly die.
- It is unknown is Firebrand was ever combat equipped, as it did not feature any armaments.
- Firebrand is the predecessor to Bradyon, and was built by Dr. Alessandro Fermi.
- Firebrand and Skyknight are the only mechas without model numbers.
- It is not considered combat-ready as it is said the Cygnus only have its three Beryls for the upcoming battle. It may be the result of Elvira not wanting Dio to board it because it was too dangerous.
- Dio used Firebrand to go recover his new Valiancer, the XV-7102 Bradyon NEXT.